hellgateaus is moving domains. You might experience a few (hopefully minor) bumps along the road. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Unofficial Revival SP modification 4.4 (english)  (Read 15933 times)

Kaganari

• Nameless
Re: Unofficial Revival SP modification 4.4 (english)
« Reply #60 on: Jul 19, 2022; 03:40 pm »
Hi.

Trying to install mod with options and getting the error
"Error: Value cannot be null
Parameter name: value"

What this could be about?
If I leave options by default (so first 3), it installs correctly. Same with "Expanded Storage Mod". But when adding, for example, "WOW item inventory size", I'm getting this error. And this is not the only one resulting in this error, I'm still trying to figure out which options are safe, just taking a long time.

2007 year copy of the game, not the current Steam one. SP 1.2 and MP 2.0 patches are installed, started the game with patches, then starting to install the mod, so everything according to instructions.

Thanks in advance)

UPD: There is another error. Tried "Faction Combined" option with only the default ones (so first 3 and this), and getting "Error: The given key was not present in the dictionary". I feel like I'm missing something obvious. but...
UPD2: Found more substantial problem. Even if installed successfully, when I'm clicking "Single player" in the game menu, for a second there is a loading screen and then it crashes.
I tried the 1.5b release and it works, so it's some interaction with this version.
« Last Edit: Jul 19, 2022; 04:55 pm by Kaganari »

Kikina the templar

• Named
« Reply #61 on: Jul 19, 2022; 09:47 pm »
Unfortunately, i can't say exactly what the problem might be, but i know from experience that almost all errors that show "Value cannot be null" have something to do with a bad game installation. Sometimes can help revert mod from the launcher, start once again both SP and MP clients and finally re-install the mod.
Expanded storage, WOW item inventory size and Faction Combined are quite problematic functions, errors mainly occur due to incompatibility of gamesave files. Try after instaling mod delete whole folder with gamesettings and saves (documents/my games/Hellgate) and "clear" gamestart.

jsuslak313

• Nameless
« Reply #62 on: Jul 19, 2022; 11:40 pm »
Hi All,

I've successfully installed the mod, but when I try to "unleash hell" all I get is a black screen. Any suggestions? The issue is definitely related to running the mod, as once I revert everything the game launches fine. Wondering if it's a specific mod that I'm choosing to run, but I REALLY don't want to go through each one 1 by 1....

Ed: I think I figured it out! Needed to run the dx10 version and not the default dx9

Thanks!
« Last Edit: Jul 20, 2022; 12:08 am by jsuslak313 »

jsuslak313

• Nameless
« Reply #63 on: Jul 20, 2022; 01:58 am »
new question, sorry if this information can be found elsewhere:

I activated all the special events, but there's no explanation or guide as to what any of these event items do (apart from the usable ones). Anyone have a guide or spreadsheet they can point me towards?

Ex: Soccer event, candy, zombot, etc.

Kikina the templar

• Named
« Reply #64 on: Jul 20, 2022; 01:13 pm »
Hello,
i'm glad you got it running.  :)
You can find a basic description of all events in the file "complete patch notes un revival mod to v4.4 .txt", which is attached to the mod package.