Author Topic: Engineer Drone Armor bonuses  (Read 374 times)

Inasogard

• Nameless
Engineer Drone Armor bonuses
« on: Dec 13, 2022; 12:42 am »
Can anyone answer a question for me please.  Been looking all over the forums and net and can't find anything. 

Does +minion damage, health & armor bonuses work on a chest piece that your drone actually wears?
Will they gain those bonuses?

Thanks in advance.

Bryan

• Tactical Happenstance
  • Administrator
  • Great Eye / First
Re: Engineer Drone Armor bonuses
« Reply #1 on: Dec 13, 2022; 01:00 pm »
Hi there.
No, minion affixes worn by minions don't affect them. They'll only take up the affixes worn by the player.
(Edit: unless Global/Steam somehow changed that, but I'm fairly confident they didn't.)
"Dream big and crash often"
-Omerta

List of Global class guides.
The above guides may be obsolete for vanilla SP, but they may still hold true for the 2018 Steam version.

Inasogard

• Nameless
« Reply #2 on: Dec 13, 2022; 09:43 pm »
Bryan,

Thanks for the reply, one last question if you don't mind.  Do the Summoner elementals, (Fire, Toxic, Phase and Storm) have a static chance to proc their affects?  burn, poison, etc..?  Or is there a way to increase their chances of doing so?

Thanks in advance!

Bryan

• Tactical Happenstance
  • Administrator
  • Great Eye / First
« Reply #3 on: Dec 13, 2022; 10:53 pm »
I'm afraid that no, Elementals were left in a rather primitive state customization-wise. They have a standard sfx attack strength, which cannot be buffed by player affixes (or the Affliction expertise, since that too refers to the player's own sfx attack strengths). The only one which has a customizable sfx attack strength is the Spectral, which gets a phase attack bonus through its skill level.
You *can* indirectly improve their chances to apply sfx by using Elemental Drain to lower the enemy's sfx defenses, but I believe that's pretty much all you can do.

If you are into modding (or another player is), it'd be possible to create a passive skill for this purpose like 2038 did in Master of the Arcane. You'd need to make a blank skill, and have all Elementals get an sfx bonus based on that skill's level. Steam's Summoning Empowerment skill, which buffs Demons' sfx defenses, should serve as a point of reference there.
I suppose making such affixes for players to wear wouldn't be impossible either, but I'm afraid I don't know how that should look.
-Omerta

The above guides may be obsolete for vanilla SP, but they may still hold true for the 2018 Steam version.

Inasogard

• Nameless
« Reply #4 on: Dec 14, 2022; 12:13 am »
Thanks for the response.  I love to mod games and have attempted it a few times here.  Can't seem to find a version of Reanimator that works for steam.  I've downloaded the one linked and followed all the recommendations, just not had any luck.

Thank you very much though.  Very helpful.

Bryan

• Tactical Happenstance
  • Administrator
  • Great Eye / First
« Reply #5 on: Dec 14, 2022; 12:19 am »
Happy to be of help. Wish I could do more, but I have very limited experience with Reanimator and I hear Steam isn't quite fully compatible with it.
-Omerta