Author Topic: Glyph Cages. What augments should i take?  (Read 171 times)

Immortal2563

• Nameless
Glyph Cages. What augments should i take?
« on: Oct 13, 2022; 10:00 pm »
Ok Bryan, I didn't believe it was possible but with the cube I got Nemesis Glyph Cage and to my surprise Avenger came in so it's 13% CC. There have been two augments what to choose? 30% dmg / 58% c dmg/ 11% CDR(Cooldown Reduction)? I am rather uninterested in CCM because it can be obtained from mods.

As for the second Glyph, there is only one augment. 3% CC is from augment not internally so on Nemesis I have no chance right? What to take then?
« Last Edit: Oct 13, 2022; 10:14 pm by Immortal2563 »

Bryan

• Tactical Happenstance
  • Administrator
  • Great Eye / First
Re: Glyph Cages. What augments should i take?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 14, 2022; 01:07 am »
Hm, it's fair that you can probably get enough CCM from mods. Still, I'd instinctively go for enough CCM to critcap, and then explore options after that. Then again, at +15 I'm not sure how much you *need* a critcap; some 70-80% might be perfectly fine. In which case yeah, the dmg/CDB/CDR one should be the better option.
For the second Glyph I'd likely go for CCM too, and then look for generic and caste CDB. CDR could also be useful, but I'd avoid stuff like generic/caste damage.
"Dream big and crash often"
-Omerta

List of Global class guides.
The above guides may be obsolete for vanilla SP, but they may still hold true for the 2018 Steam version.

Immortal2563

• Nameless
« Reply #2 on: Oct 14, 2022; 07:47 am »
Okay thanks for presenting your point of view but which priority is Beast or Deamons? There are not many undead, I can see it in the achievements where 300k demons are long past and the undead are only halfway through the achievement. The Dessicator is simple to kill even without Glyphs. Spectrals are weak, so it's probably not worth it either.

I repeat the question about the second Glyph. As Avenger is from augment and not internally, there is no chance for Nemesis? The only thing I saw twice are the skills (+2 Swarm internally and +3 Swarm from augment for example), I have never encountered double stats.

Bryan

• Tactical Happenstance
  • Administrator
  • Great Eye / First
« Reply #3 on: Oct 14, 2022; 08:09 pm »
which priority is Beast or Deamons? There are not many undead, I can see it in the achievements where 300k demons are long past and the undead are only halfway through the achievement. The Dessicator is simple to kill even without Glyphs. Spectrals are weak, so it's probably not worth it either.
I wouldn't know, sadly. It's been years since I played Global/Steam, and I don't know which bosses you'd prioritize or have a harder time beating. So that decision is yours to make.

As Avenger is from augment and not internally, there is no chance for Nemesis? The only thing I saw twice are the skills (+2 Swarm internally and +3 Swarm from augment for example), I have never encountered double stats.
Normally it should be that same affix types can't roll twice. So if you have one instance of +crit or +Swarm you couldn't get another +crit or +Swarm through augments. The only exception I'd know would be unique (ie unlisted) affixes, where an affix set can stack with a standalone affix. For example, a Unique weapon with a single affix set of, eg, +crit, +damage, and +skill could still get individual +crit, +damage, and (same) +skill augments.
Now here I see things seem different; you say you've gotten Swarm twice. So if the rule of no dupe affixes doesn't apply here (eg you can stack same affixes of different grades) you *should* be able to stack +crit.
That said, Nemesis shouldn't be a possible augment in this Glyph's case, as it's a Mythic affix. If you can stack different affix grades and you have Avenger's, the best you'd stack would be another +2 from the Rare variant - which I don't think is worth the trouble, and shouldn't be more valuable than a desirable CCM/CDB affix.
-Omerta

The above guides may be obsolete for vanilla SP, but they may still hold true for the 2018 Steam version.

Immortal2563

• Nameless
« Reply #4 on: Oct 14, 2022; 09:02 pm »
It is me that will complicate it a bit. If you click on a weapon with the right mouse button it is Special Abilities on the right. Some are orange and some are purple. If Nemesis is in the purple section then you can add Avenger (naturally it was immediately) and it will be in the orange section where the augments are. If Avenger is in orange then you can't add Nemsis because it would be in the same section. Today I was sitting for a good hour and testing it. On the first Glyph I had Avenger in the orange section because I naturally didn't get it. And Nemesis could not be received.

These skills like Swarm are generally in a separate Proficient / Skilfull section or whatever they are called, and I can add the same there. They stack up. Sometimes certain items have, for example, +1 Arc Legion and +2 Arc Legion at the same time. I wonder if then you can add +3 Arc Legion with augment?

The only thing I don't know is how the three types of augments differ. You wrote that when I have this Mythic I can add two rare. Only in this whole table of affixes which is mythic and which is it rare? Nemesis is mythic a Aveneger rare? Fearless + 10AA is the largest possible and it is in the orange section. I've never chosen anything other than the legendary augment because I thought these stats would just be weaker.

The company did not leave any explanations about the complicated mechanics. Yesterday i downloaded their other productions: Mythos and it is of the same quality as this Hlellgate.

Thanks Bryan

Bryan

• Tactical Happenstance
  • Administrator
  • Great Eye / First
« Reply #5 on: Oct 14, 2022; 09:42 pm »
These skills like Swarm are generally in a separate Proficient / Skilfull section or whatever they are called, and I can add the same there. They stack up. Sometimes certain items have, for example, +1 Arc Legion and +2 Arc Legion at the same time. I wonder if then you can add +3 Arc Legion with augment?
See, this is what I'm unsure of. In 2038, different grades of the same affix can't be stacked on one another. So you couldn't get two "Able" affixes of the same skill, or a combination of "Skillful", "Proficient", etc of the same skill. In +crit's case, you shouldn't be able to stack Namesis with Avenger's, since they're the same affix in different grades. But since you can, I'm unsure of what the exact rules are in Steam.

On sections, just to be clear. If Steam follows the same rules as the original and 2038 do, then you *can* stack inherent and Unique affixes with augments. For example, consider this item: https://wiki.london2038.com/Remnants_of_Grregas
Inspecting it in-game reveals that the +skills it has are unique. That is, they're not listed (as "Able:"), so they're parts of a unique affix set. In such cases, you can augment "Able" affixes on top of those with no issue.
This might be what we're seeing here, but I'd need screenshots of the items' inspection windows to know.

Only in this whole table of affixes which is mythic and which is it rare? Nemesis is mythic a Aveneger rare?
This should help with that: https://hellgateaus.cyou/wiki/Affixes
Though, again, I'm not sure of Steam's stacking rules. I only assume the rule I have in mind doesn't apply here, going by what you said - and the screenshot above, where a Glyph has both Nemesis and Avenger's.
-Omerta

Immortal2563

• Nameless
« Reply #6 on: Oct 15, 2022; 07:49 am »
Well, how did they create this version, they could break something, consciously or not, and no changes in the mechanics were presented.

I run a little catacombs and I will find an example item that has +1 Skill and at the same time +2 the same skill and see if it is a Skillfull and the other Proficient or is it different and if it is possible to get +3 to the same skill with augment.

As for Glyph in Augmentator there is no Mythic Augment so you have to find Nemesis Glyph in the cube if you want + 13% CC. There is no other choice.

If I understood correctly you need the screenshots Remnants_of_Grregas not my guns anyway? Summon Witch Doctor [1 - 3] and next +3 Summon Witch Doctor from augment?

Has anyone ever asked for a mod that would remove two pentagrams in front of your face when you have two Glyphs? If not, I am asking is it possible to remove it?
« Last Edit: Oct 15, 2022; 08:00 am by Immortal2563 »